Partner With 1.27
1. Inspire Your Church
We feel it’s always a good time to educate your congregation about foster children in Colorado! Project 1.27 representatives are available to speak, have an info table, or share resources. Email David Farmer to sign up for monthly email updates or for any additional questions and needs.
2. Recruit Families to Attend Orientation
Let your congregation know about our next Orientation! Join us to learn more about Foster Care, Adoption, Safe Families for Children and Project 1.27′s program for families. Download our Orientation bulletin announcement and flyer for your church.
3. Utilize Project 1.27 Staff Knowledge & Resources
Our staff is always happy to speak with you or a church liaison about how we can support your church in serving the foster children. Besides faith-based, state approved training and support for families, we offer Orphan Care Ministry leadership training, Support Group Facilitator Training and many resources for inspiring and engaging your church. Learn more about Church Orphan Care Ministry Training, visit Church Resources or email David Farmer to schedule a meeting.
4. Partner With Project 1.27
Project 1.27′s mission is to inspire, recruit and resource churches and families to foster and adopt the children in their own backyard.
Our partnership may include but is not limited to the following:
- Preaching Orphan Care — Inspiring the congregation to answer the question, "How can I care for children in the foster system?"
- Empowering lay leadership in an Orphan Care Ministry which includes support for foster and adoptive families
- Presenting and promoting the Project 1.27 program and events to your congregation
- Adding a Foster Care/Adoption link to your web site
- Conducting pastoral interviews for Project 1.27 parents (a program requirement)
- Hosting Project 1.27 events (Orientations, Training, Parties)
- Advocating for and introducing Project 1.27 within your church network
- Financially supporting Project 1.27’s efforts to engage the faith community in foster care and adoption, working together to ensure there is a family waiting for every child.
In turn, Project 1.27 promises to support your efforts by offering resources, training, networking, advocacy and administrative assistance to fulfill the vision of A Family Waiting for Every Child!
5. Mark it on Your Event Calendar
1-April is Child Abuse Awareness Month
2-May is Foster Care Month
3-November is National Adoption Month