Orientation is for potential Foster and Adoptive Parents and their Support Team members and is required for all parents before registering with us. Project 1.27 works with married couples and with single parents. Here is what to expect:
- Meet the staff of Project 1.27 and ask questions.
- Get an overview of the Child Welfare System and the certification process.
- Learn about the types of children and their needs.
- Discover how Project 1.27 can assist you throughout the process.
- Credit for your first 2 hours of required training.
If you determine that Project 1.27 fits your needs and you wish to move forward after attending Orientation, the next requirement is completion of the Commitment forms and payment of a $100 Administration fee. You will then receive an Application Packet that includes the forms necessary to submit to the county or agency you choose to work with. Application packets will be available at Orientation and you can pay your fee with cash, check, or credit card.
Be sure to bring your family (grandparents, etc.) and close friends. These people will be your biggest support. We can offer them training to answer their questions and teach them how to best support you on this journey.
Use the links on the left for more information and to register for our next scheuled orientation.